- Urgent Security Alert - Please Do Not Ignore
- Unfortunately today we were the victim of a malicious social engineering attack which has resulted in our server being accessed, and our database being compromised.
- To clarify, this was no hack of the WHMCS software itself, nor a hack of our server. It was through social engineering that the login details were obtained.
- As a result of this, we recommend that everybody change any passwords that they have ever used for our client area, or provided via support ticket to us, immediately.
- Regrettably as this was our billing system database, if you pay us by credit card (excluding PayPal) then your card details may also be at risk.
- This is just a very brief email to alert you of the situation, as we are currently working very hard to ensure everything is back online & functioning correctly, and I will be writing to you again shortly.
- We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We appreciate your support, now more than ever in this challenging time.
- WHMCS Limited